Sunday, June 24, 2007

From Dad . . .

Milestones

Lord willing, Margie and I will have two anniversaries next week.

Monday: Saved 40 years!!!

Tuesday: Married 42 years.

If It hadn't been for the Christian anniversary we believe there would have been no 42 years of marriage.

Now, two children and four Grandsons later, we're still saved!! And, thank God, all our family is serving the Lord.

We've had a few scrapes with the Devil, but by fighting him with God's word, we've survived.

Old Sluefoot told me when I first got saved that I wouldn't make it. Me and Jesus have proved him to be the outright liar that he is.

I like to "resist the devil and watch him flee from me". Everything I've ever did for Jesus, that devil was whispering in my ear, "You can't do that." But here I am now in the presense of the Holy Ghost all showered and shaved, ready for Church.

I've got one thing thing to say to you, devil, you old buzzard,
"NA-NA-NA-NAN-AH!"

Now I feel even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home