Friday, September 21, 2007

Today...


Today I was supposed to be the man I was aiming for 5 years ago at age 35.

Did I reach all my goals---No.
Did I reach some of them --Yes.
Was I aiming at something--Always!




Today I turn 40...I feel good, Probably in the best shape of my life mentally and physically...
I thought it would feel different --but only in thoughts.

I am very grateful for a lot of things...
A great childhood...
My son...and the time we have spent together....
My Dad and Mom --still in great health and still in love...
My Sister and her family---all doing great...
My Friends---the Best...all have been around through a whole lot of those years--

All these people above have seen highs, lows, ups and downs.

The Big Man must have known I would need them -- and thats why He brought them into my life...

So today I am celebrating and enjoying...

Here are a couple of excerpts I found from a blog called hookedongrace.wordpress.com

"At 40, something magical happens to you–something liberating and rejuvenating and exhilarating. You acquire a healthy disregard for what other people think. You gain the confidence to define yourself boldly and on your own terms. You don’t accept anyone else’s judgments but your Creator’s. In short, you stop living your life to please man and start living for a cause bigger than yourself."
"Any competitor will tell you that it’s not how your start, but how you finish"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home