Sunday, October 07, 2007

From Dad...

Expressed Imagination
Margie and I go to bigger cities occasionally. She “hobbies” at the “Lobby”. I relax in Starbucks great atmosphere. Students do assignments while drinking espresso uppers, etc. A man was art working on pumpkins with a little knife. Sports car drivers stopped and got “one for the road”.
I still drink coffee (the Christian drug). I must have the Lord’s permission, because He still talks to me. I guess it’s called “Starbucks” because the coffee costs two “bucks”. It’s worth much more. You get a “free fix” just by smelling the shop aroma.
I was wondering why they don’t make Starbucks air fresheners. I think it would be better than that new car smell.
As I’ve told you before, humor is all around us. We just have to find it.
A big Federal Express delivery truck drove past. It had the big FedEx sign on the side, and underneath it was the word, “GROUND”.
I chuckled as I wondered, “Why was “ground” written on it?” I’m from the country but I knew it wasn’t an airplane. I smiled the rest of the day.
The only thing I can figure out, it’s for their employees. They do stay in a hurry. The pilots have to get in the one labeled, “AIR”. That would be the airplane. The truck drivers must get in the ones labeled, “GROUND” because they stay on the ground. I can imagine a mix up: A panel truck taxing down the runway, or and airplane driving on the highway. Thank God for retirement and a Merry Heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home