Wednesday, December 19, 2007

From Dad...

Testing Positive

“I wasn’t juiced! I’m innocent!” I was the oldest pitcher in the Dixie Youth league at 64. I was “Poppy the Pitcher” on the coach-pitch team. I was out there pitching, running, jumping and screaming. It wasn’t drugs. I was high on “Grandson enthusiasm”.

Grand-children have a way of making us do things not normal for our age. I found Margie sitting on the living room floor “going like a truck”. She got “cranked” by a Grandson’s request.

People used to say, “I’d have to see it to believe it”. That doesn’t work anymore. If a “big” leaguer hits a home run, we don’t know if it’s really him or if he’s been “juiced” and turned loose. I’m sure you’ve heard about the drug scandal in baseball.

By the way, this is really me you see. I’ve been working out. That’s not Lance speeding by on the bicycle at daybreak. It’s just me high on exercise with a tailwind.

I use self-discipline to make my body do things. I used to exercise trying to get Lil Abner shoulders. Now I tell myself, “Do it or die!” I’m trying to survive!

I’ll admit to being a user. I use God. Now they’re trying to “outlaw” Him But I’m already hooked! I’m trying to get into the Hebrews “hall of fame”.

I’m not a loser, I’m a user. Better yet, God uses me and fills me with good stuff. I’m mainlining. When He tests me, I hope I test positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home