Tuesday, March 18, 2008

20 Years Ago...

When I was straight out of college, I went to work for a fairly large corporation. I was around a lot of very successful, Executive type guys----I didnt hardly fit in --because I was as "Green as a Gourd". But the company was always offering seminars to improve their sales and management. I never went to any of them---because I was a lot younger and inexperienced than all these guys--then one of them talked me into going to one---Zig Ziglar. I can honestly say it changed my life in a bunch of different ways---It motivated me...to do something and really accomplish things---and that was at age 20...it still works to this day...here are some of Zig's quotes...


“You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.”

Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.”

“Remember that failure is an event, not a person"

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”

“Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”

“Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.”

“Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.”

and my personal favorite....
“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home