Sunday, July 13, 2008

From Dad:



Mama’s Apron
Margie went to the mailbox with her apron on. Two girls came by riding a horse. They asked her, “Have you got an apple pie in the oven?” People can sometimes tell what you’ve been up to by what your wear. That’s one reason I wear a smile. That doesn’t tell and makes them wonder what I’ve been up to. I like it that way.
Margie inherited that classy old apron from my Mom. I don’t have any sisters and I’m not the apron-wearing kind, for sure! My lady likes to wear it and looks really cute with it on. She’s always busy and puts a lot of time in the kitchen.
She “feeds the multitude” by cooking Sunday dinner for the family after church. The Grandboys don’t understand if she misses a Sunday. Their get a look worse than that “we lost the ball game”. Mimmy knows what food each one likes and fixes it. We know where good stuff comes from so we say Grace.
Their church friends come sometimes and are never the same again. They want to come back. I won’t describe all the food. It might “flang a craving on you” and you’d have to fight off jealousy. I’ll tell you this much, it’s a whole bunch better than those foreign food places that just wilt stuff. I’ve literally sat “on top of the world”, but it’s not nearly as good as seeing Margie in my Mama’s apron cooking a southern Sunday dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home