Thursday, November 06, 2008

Time to get Political....Again


You know where I stood on the candidate I thought was best suited for the Presidential job...It seems like all I hear on the news lately is not what to expect or congratulations on winning, but race, race and more race. Maybe I live in a bubble or maybe it was the way I was raised. My Parents taught me people are people no matter what they look like...and my son is learning the same thing from me...There is no color--just what people stand for.


The only "Race" involved in my mind lately was the race for President. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM whatsoever with an African-American being President--Just like I have no problem with a woman, Chinese American or whomever being President---But I do think it was the wrong "First African-American President".


I never looked at Obama as anything but a candidate--I listened to his thoughts, debates, values--and decided he and I did not agree on some very important issues...If no other --The Pro-Choice stance.


I didn't agree with Clinton...I didn't agree with Gore..I didn't agree with Kerry...and they were definitely "Caucasian"...so dont ever throw that "Race" thing at me---you are more than welcome to throw that"Value" thing at me.


Now on to being an American....President-Elect Obama...you are about to be my Leader and Commander-in-Chief for the next few years...we may not agree on issues---But I am an American and very proud of this country. I will pray that good decisions are made and pray that you are guided with wisdom in all aspects of leading the greatest nation in the world....so all I can say-work hard and make us as U.S. citizens proud....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home