Sunday, June 25, 2006

Another One From Dad . . .

Fluttered Fortunes
We’ve all chased dollars. I did it the hard way. Duh! I
worked. Some folks sit climate controlled and “manage” to
take our money. But we enjoy taking a shower more.
A fellow was accused of marrying for money. “You
just married that woman because her uncle left her all that
money.” His friend said. “That’s a lie!” He protested. “I
would have married her no matter who left her the money.”
A lot of us could have more money if we’d been stingy.
I smiled when A preacher told about the Prodigal Son who
wasted his inheritance. He said, “He spent it on wine,
women and song. Then he just ‘wasted” the rest.”
I made myself turn loose of dollars and retired early.
Wading the creek with Grandsons and quality time with
Margie is priceless.
I’m content with a simple life. God has blessed. I look
back and smile at missed fortunes. I entertained some
Christian bikers recently. I told them I’d been rich if it
weren’t for Motorcycles.
I didn’t have anything with a motor on it when I was a kid.
I took clothespins and fastened baseball cards on my bicycle
so's they would hit the spokes and make a fluttering motorcycle sound. Stan Musial and Lou Gehrig were “spoked" to death.
Yep. I fluttered away a fortune. But I’m happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home