Thursday, July 13, 2006

Initial Stupidity....

All these blogs, and I have never mentioned the guy who works with me at my company...Brent Drobina. Brent is one of those few and far between kinda guys who likes to come to work, works his butt off, has a great attitude and makes our company look really good...He has a "can- do" attitude all the time and honestly is a lot smarter than I am....you know the saying--"Always surround yourself with people who are smarter than you are". Well he is and his work is phenomenal. Check out his blog: http://bdrobina.blogspot.com/

We have a huge project we are getting started on, and we were laughing today about how when we are first trying to figure out how to do something---There is always that feeling of "Initial Stupidity"...Kinda like "I dont have any idea how to do this"...But the cool thing Brent and I have in common, is we dont stop til we figure it out...It may take us 15 minutes or 15 days...But when we finally get it...we got it and then it's off to work...

The initial feeling of "Dumbness" goes away, as long as you dont stop there...

A lot of people stop right there, throw their hands up and say "I dont know how" and then go right back to doing what they were doing before. There is no growth in anything in life if it is handled that way.

Lots of times I dont know what I am doing...but there is that little light inside that keeps blinking and saying "Keep going til you figure it out..."

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM , Blogger Brent D said...

I really appreciate all that you do. You’re a great person to work for and with; without your presence at the office there would be no team.

We all know that a team is much more effective than an individual fighting the same battle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home