Sunday, September 23, 2007

From Dad...

My Replacement

I enjoy entertaining. I do lively fun shows daily. The entertainer gets entertained in return. Its God’s sowing and reaping law. I get big dividends on my comedy investments.

Here are examples: One of those grocery store boys was pushing a
long line of shopping carts. I couldn’t help it, I went like a train. You know the “Whooo Whooo” sound. I asked him if he ever felt like a locomotive.

Then I got permission to tell my situation joke. “A Mennonite couple got married. “After about a week he drove her buggy!” He smiled through his perspiration and said,”That’s a good joke.” I left feeling like the joke; good.

A musical mood hit me and I was armed with my harmonica. I cut down on “Wildwood Flower” at a check out line. Some country fellow walked in and did a wonderful buck dance. Then he sauntered on. I thanked him. Audience participation is always better.

Then I played at the bank and a teller danced. Her being “uptown” she might prefer to call it clogging. Who was it? It makes you wonder doesn’t it?

But I’ll not “tell on the teller”.

Margie and I gave our son, Joel, a “big” birthday bash. We ate Mexican food. Having to pick up the tab I wondered if I’d get a senior discount.

Joel said to tell him I wanted a “Señor” discount.

I asked for the senior discount. The cashier acted unfamiliar with those English words. I asked about the “Señor” discount. He “no comprende” that either, Or maybe he just “no responde”.

“Señor discount". That sounds just like something I would say. I’m ready to go on to heaven now. My replacement is here.

Congratulations Joel!

P.S. from Joel--- I could never replace a man like my Dad---I can only hope to be as good a man as him one day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home