Monday, March 31, 2008

From Dad...

Secondhand Talk
At the end of baseball practice coach Daryl Lowe told the boys, “We’ve
got a lot of talking to talk about”. They were all ears as our great head coach, Ken Qualls, told them how to win or get embarrassed. Daryl has a way of summing things up. It seems a lot of folks have a lot of “talking to talk about.”
After conversion we sing “Never Alone” because the Lord is always with us. Now people are never alone because they have “their cell”. I still don’t have one of the “little interrupters”. The Lord can talk to me till he gets through. I’m sure not going to tell Him, “Hold on, I’m getting another call.”
I think “cellphonelessness” is working to my advantage. I read today that research has found that cell-phone radiation causes brain tumors. Since I don’t have a cell phone, I’m safe. Or am I? What about “secondhand talk”. I’m exposed to it everywhere I go. Fishing at Pickwick is not even safe. Guys up the bank have to “call Mama”.
Margie does insist that I carry hers to the creek. In case “her hunk” has the “big one” 911 might help. I’ll risk a few brain cells for her.
Is secondhand talk as bad as secondhand smoke? Preachers used to preach that smoking was a sin along with cussing and drinking. God showed them long before the Surgeon General got hip. Smoking destroys the temple.(our body).
Many “phoners” talk louder when answering a call. It must be because of our old habit of yelling because of the distance. It’s time to start thinking about another shack out back; A duplex for, “Smokers & Phoners”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home