Sunday, November 09, 2008

From Dad . . .


No Bumper Sticker

“My Child is an “Honor Student”. Doesn’t that “make your day” when you see one on a bumper. (Yeah right). I can’t mention that my Grandsons are honor students or I’d be like them. Attitude and education is a terribly mix. A lot of A students end up working for a C average bosses.

We teach them to do what they desire. Ancestors shouldn’t push youngsters to do what they want. Folks wanted Jesus to be a carpenter like his step-dad. He may have built a table but He moved on to bigger construction. I’m glad! I was a very needy. He did an “Extreme Makeover” on me. The rest is about Grandsons in case you want to stop reading.

# 1 Grandson, Joshua, was a good football player. He dropped out, broke his Dad’s heart and still has both kneecaps in front. He took up guitar is going to accompany his Mom in a Church Christmas song.

#2 O’Neal, the blue-eyed boy who’s had struggles, is making his move. He disciplined himself and is excelling in sports, school and personality. He debates teachers on issues like abortion. He’s pro-life like his family. That’s why he’s here.

#3 Demetrius, is our trumpet man. He livens up the neighborhood practicing on the front porch after school. Dogs howl and the neighbors say he’s getting better. Porch puckering and hard work is getting him a Kentucky trip with the Junior High Honor Band. Maybe I could get a bumper sticker. (Just kidding)

#4 Joseph, is the 7-year-old “Master” Soccer player. His Dad coach let him pray for the team the first of the season. He told the Lord he wanted to win every game and all get trophies. They left the final game with their first place trophies. We’ll wait awhile before we teach him not to pray to win.

Thanks for reading and I’ll listen if you want to tell me about your grandchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home