Sunday, July 26, 2009

From Dad . . .

Friendly Fun
There are three kinds of people in the world; Those who watch
fun happen; those who make fun happen, and those who say, “I don’t
get it.” God gave us the ability to create amusement. I love to pull pranks
on folks as long it doesn’t do permanent damage.
A neighbor asked me, “Did you stand my paper on the end?” Now why
would she suspect me? I came to mind before the Sunday newspaper flinger.
It would be kinda like flipping a coin and it land on the edge.
I had already blown my cover. Their neighbor had a sycamore tree. For
years their landscaped yard inherited huge leaves. The tree was cut and they
could now rejoice. Wrong! I special-delivered some to their yard regularly.
I finally confessed.
The other day I was whistling, “ Achy Breaky Heart” over and over.
Margie told me to stop it. I stopped. I’m not hen-pecked, but I’m not
crazy either. I was getting on my own nerves anyway. Like the two guys on
death row and one‘s last request was this song. The other said, “Kill me first!”
Picking on friends is fun and they like the attention. I was joking with
a big guy at work who had short legs. Saying things like, “When he stands
up he doesn’t get a bit taller.” And, “They wouldn’t let him kick the football
in school; he was too close to it.” I was ribbing him once and he said it
bothered him. Not wishing to alienate a friend, I told him I’d stop teasing
him. After a boring silence he said, “You can go back to joking with me now.”
I’m not a “disher-outer and can’t take it” either. I love to be picked on.
I’ll laugh with you. Tell me I’m the ugliest person in the world and I’ll just
agree saying, “You’d better hope nothing happens to me, because you’re
number two.”
Don’t smile too big. What number are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home