Thursday, February 09, 2006

Valentine's Date . . .


I had a hot date tonight---I went to the nursing home with my Mom and Dad and my date was my Grandmother, Nana Brooks--my Mom's mom. It was awesome. They had a banquet for all the people and the place was fixed up just like a high school prom. Everybody was dressed up and looked great and laughing and eating. They gave away prizes and we won the grand prize. Then the best thing they did was crown the King and Queen---They both lived there and had been married 71 years ---one of the ladies told their whole life story and it was incredible.

Now I'm not a real emotional person----But that hit me--I watched the couple put on their crowns and take pictures holding hands---Love can be an awesome thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home