Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's that time again---


















Baseball----We officially start this weekend--Tryouts, the draft, assembling the teams, and coaching. I've been coaching O'Neal since he was 6---and have grown to absolutely love it. Seeing the kids do something they didnt think they could do...seeing the smiles on the parents faces---and especially seeing the smiles on the kids faces. I love it---It lets me be a kid again. Like everybody--I like to win...but one of the most memorable games I have ever coached was with my Dad, and we lost--13-12. Both teams played at their best level ever---the kids were excited, the coaches were excited, the parents were excited---and both teams walked away feeling good and wanting to do it all over again. The other coach was one of my best friends---and we still talk about it. Coaching is one of the best things I have ever decided to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home