Monday, November 13, 2006

Good One From Dad . . .

Big Events.
I was cheering the radio yesterday. No. It wasn't a radio evangelist. I'll confess. I was listening to a Titan football game. They're in a "rebuilding program".(Which means they get beat a lot.)
But "Little David" almost whipped a "#1 Goliath team". The winner was not detemined until the final seconds. I'm not much of as football fan, but my Son (A Titan fan) was there with the Grandson. I wanted them to see a big win. It was a great game anyway. A 27-26 final loss.
I'd have liked to have been there. The excitement was overwhelming. I like huge events. People say,
"Well, I can see it better at home watching it on TV. It's not the same!!" I went once and found myself standing with both hands in the air cheering wildly after a field goal.
There is no substitute for being there. That's why I'm not watching Heaven on video. I'M GOING!!! JESUS: THE ULTIMATE VOLUNTEER(As my "sports cap" says) paid a high price for my ticket.
I had the cap on at a Macy's store. Titans were signing autographs. I got some for Joel(son) & O'neal(Grandson). Erron Kinney graciously signed them. He commented to another guy, "Did you read his cap"? The former Florida standout added, "I'm not much of a Tennessee fan, but I like your cap." Apparently the 6'-6"m 275 lbs young man is not planning on watching heaven on video either.
It's going to be a great happening! I like cheering for teams, but Praising God is much better! There's going to be a lot of that in Heaven. It's exciting th think about!!!

Rev.5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
14. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

See there. I'm back. Let have a Heavenly "pep rally" and prepare for the BIG WIN.
Your internet Pastor...Max

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM , Blogger Linda Russell said...

Wow
No wonder you and O will have great legacies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home