Saturday, November 18, 2006

God and Grit...


Well..I havent blogged much this week because I have just been covered up with Life---You know how it is...

First I got to see all my good friends in Nashville last weekend---Michael and Pickle are fantastic---I have a lot of respect for those 2--Thanks for the Demos' meal and the HUGE home cooked breakfast--and for being a solid couple---you guys are strong---I like that about you..
My son thinks Michael is the Man---Michael gave him a Skull cap and he has wanted to wear it everywhere...

Speaking of strong couples---I have been surrounded by them this week--The normal ones--My Pastors Rob and Tricia/Eddie and Sherri, My Mom and Dad, My Sister Amy and her husband Jim...But the couple Ive seen more and prayed for more this week is my good friends Chris and Angie...We got the word on Wed afternoon that Chris had been hurt severely at work--they airlifted him to Jackson---I dropped what I was doing at work and took off..when I first got there--it did not look good--he was hurt bad and she was worried sick---we finally got back to see him and found out he has 2 punctured lungs, lots of broken ribs and lots of internal injuries---while he slept we all gathered around and prayed---One of my friends I had never heard pray led the prayer...when I left that night to come home --I didnt have a great feeling about what was going to happen---but he is a fighter--and I mean a fighter--I've coached ball with him and against him---he does not like to lose---at anything. Well--I went back over last night, He is still in ICU, but he was awake and trying to make jokes-----with God's help and his grit---He is gonna be fine...

I think if you combine God's power and Our Grittiness...we are unstoppable...

I watched as the kids and his wife came together as a family...I knew they had it together--but I was very impressed... They rose up to a new challenge as a family---all for one and one for all...

Very cool...huh.

Now I'm off to watch a UFC fight, eat wings, pizza and hang with my family.
Matt Hughes ---do your thing....!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Our prayers are with Chris' family and yours.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home