Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day---Another one from Dad

I appreciate my late Mother for sure.

My Father didn't want children, but Mom talked him into it. I've always appreciated that about my Mother.
But....I don't have any brothers or sisters.
I guess after I came along my Mom never questioned my Dad's judgment anymore.
I was born at home because I wanted to be near my Mother.
(One old Boy said his Mother wasn't even home when he was born. There wasn't anyone there but him and his Aunt.)
I never had a tricycle as a child, but my Mom insisted that I get a bicycle. (My Dad told her that I would never learn how to ride it. She told that share cropper, "You're crazy". (I did learn to ride it-- even backwards)
I sent Mom a Thank You card when I was 40 years old thanking her for the bike
I have fond memories of my Mom. She petted me and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Now God, my Wife, Children, Son-in-law, Grandchildren, and many friends still pet me. I'm "10-8".
Yall have a blessed Mother's day.

Max Franks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home