Thursday, May 10, 2007

Another one from Dad . . .

"Good Directions"
Just when I'd about given up hope of ever listening to Country Music, I overheard a good song.
"Good Directions" is about an old boy that found himself a purty woman because of "Good Directions". (No cussing, no drinking, no adultery; just a well articulated good story tune.) He met her "selling turnips off a flat-bed truck". I liked his closing line, "Thank God for good directions, and turnip greens."
Of course it reminds me of God. He's been giving me "good directions" for 40 years, ever since I started listening to Him. I use this scripture: Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
How can we expect to prosper and be blessed if we don' t acknowlege God?
I don't want walk in my own ways. I tried that. Good Directions are found in His Word. I'm glad He walks with me.
He said He'd "Never leave me or forsake me". I believe that. But I want Him to feel welcome. I remember one of the best days of my life. I told the Lord early, "I just appreciate You going with me today." Things went perfect!

Closing story: A man was driving through a town. He asked a little boy how to get to the Post Office. The lad replied, "I don't know." He asked several more questions about how to get places, and the boy always responded, "I don't know." The fellow lost patience and said, "You don't know very much, do you?" The little boy replied, "I ain't lost!"
I ain't lost either because a preacher pointed me to God. Thank God for good directons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home