Saturday, August 26, 2006

Maturity . . .















My son still has his "Kid" moments...but I can see him growing into a man...and being a man means making mistakes...learning from them and keep going. I see that in him---He talks to me more grown up---he answers me truthfully... and I see so much potential in him it is incredible... I dont expect perfection, because I'm not perfect. I know he is gonna mess up. He already has---but one of my jobs is to teach him how to dust himself off, hold his head high and keep rolling.

You know what--I still mess up, and sometimes without him even knowing what he is doing--he helps me dust myself off, hold my head high and keep rolling.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM , Blogger Linda Russell said...

These days spent watching your father's love bring back sweet memories.
Parenting is so much harder than our day jobs.
Your heart breaks each time your child's does...
and then amazingly...it stretches getting big enough for the time you need to love them no matter what.
Proud of your leadership with your wonderful son.

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Maximus Doom said...

......and those are just the kind of people I want to be associated with.......people with the heart of champions; let them always,... Remember the Titans.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home