Saturday, December 02, 2006

God and Grit Part II

I blogged about a good friend of mine a week or so ago who was in a bad accident...Let me tell you, It is amazing how he is doing. He is already home and moving around pretty good...he is nursing some broken ribs and a replaced elbow---but all of his internal injuries are pretty much healed up...I believe God had a big part in this...if you know the accident he was in, you would be amazed...one of the ER nurses told his wife that she had seen someone else come through last year that had almost the exact same injuries and it took him 3 months to get out of ICU. What should have taken 3 months --basically only took 11 days.

I talked to him tonight for a while and he told me during the accident --he thought he was dead and gone. He blacked out--when he came around a few minutes later--he couldnt see--and he said --he knew then he was alive and it was time to fight. He said the only thing he could think about was seeing his wife and kids ---and the fight was on - and you know what ---he has won every round so far.

God and Grit...

I used to joke with him, like all guys do to each other, about being a wimp.

I think I'll find a new way to laugh with him...I think we will laugh and enjoy life, because every time we coach ball with the kids or snow ski --Ill know thats one more time that could have been taken away.

I think I'll call him Rocky from now on.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM , Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Franky, wow! Isn't that you in the video? Great blog and its always a win when God intrudes into our situation. Glad your friend is on the mend. So many lessons to be learned from everything and everybody's lives around us. I am always thankful to be counted among your friends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home