Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Love My Neck"

Last night something came to mind I havent thought about in years---When me and my sister were kids and we would get ready for bed---We would ask Mom and Dad to come "Love Our necks". That was the time they would tuck us in and say our prayers and hug us goodnite... That was a very good feeling as a kid---Security and safeness and peace was at its highest during those few minutes.

Oneal doesnt say those exact words, but even at 12--he will still come find me and ask me if I am ready to say prayers---I will go in and listen to his prayers, then I will pray for him...and I know the exact feeling he has right then as he goes to sleep... Peace.

Those few minutes every night, I hope he remembers forever...and wherever he is at in life---He can curl up in the bed at night, say a prayer and get that exact same feeling again....Of somebody watching over him and loving him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home