Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movin On Up..

After this week, My son is no longer in the "Kids" section at church--He is officially in YOUTH GROUP...I hear parents say all the time--"Just Wait---Get Ready or The teenage years are horrible"

Well- I am not gonna buy into that mentality... Im going to believe that Oneal is getting ready to have some of the best, most life changing years of his life--all for the positive.

See, I have done everything I can do for the last 12 years--I have taught him, talked to him, prayed with him (and for him), surrounded him with good people and great family, and tried to raise him into a good young man...so now is the time that all that will be put to the test---I hope I have done it right and pray that I will do whats right in the future...

And now --whats even better...I get some help during these years from two of the finest people I know--Steven and Jennifer Moore --The Youth Leaders at Faithpointe church...If I could hand pick any 2 people in the world to teach my teenage son--It would be these two--They have a HUGE heart for teenagers..They play, listen, pray and goof around with all the teenagers and always have something going on for them...And the kids love and respect them...

Look at their myspace pages (and make sure watch a couple of Baby Ellas videos-She's Great)

Steven Moore

Jennifer Moore


So here we go down another road...and as Mikey would say--"It's All Good"

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree w/you that O is getting ready to experience the greatest time in a childs life.There is no doubt that you have always set a great example for him & surrounded him w/great people.He is blessed to have a Dad like you. Remind him to always let God make his decisions & not be influenced by the world. I don't think you have anything to worry about,Pretty Boy!

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger steven said...

Thanks man!...You've done a great job raisin' your boy...Few dads spend the time with their kids...tht you have spend with O'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home