Sunday, August 27, 2006

Misconception . . .












I realized recently that a lot of people have a misconception about a blog. They know its an internet term, but they dont understand it...Someone recently said "Its like myspace or something". And I said "No --its nothing like the myspace stuff Ive seen."If I wanted to go back to junior high-I know the way--I drop my son off there every morning...

I write these things in this journal for me and my son. For him to have later in life, and also for me----Its not for other people...although I do enjoy the great comments...People dont flock to read my latest entry.

I do it for me, to take a few quiet minutes, remember whats important in life, and then get back with the fast pace of life.

For me, its like reading a short inspirational story once a day...except its aimed specifically at me and its specifically about my life...It is a way of kicking my own behind sometimes, and feeling good about myself other times...and it's also a great way to learn about my true beliefs and my true convictions...Because in the same way people can tell what you believe by listening or watching you, I can tell what I believe and what is important to me by the things that wind up as an entry in my blog...

Someone recently sent this to me about my blog...It kinda made my day.

"Your blog is simply entertaining and insightful! You are a colorful, intense and a simply intriguing human being.

As I am certain many have spoke to you about what I am fixing to say, I want you to know from me that reading this is a true inspiration.

It has reminded me of who I was , who I want to be again and what I need to do to get there."

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Well, I flock to read it cause it's just better than a good Starbucks...gets me going and thinking and continuing to admire someone who has come a long way and been a very good and true friend through many things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home